Business West regards partnership working as fundamental to being able to achieve our goal to make this region the best place to live and work. Consequently we regularly work with a variety of local and national government stakeholders, charities and NGOS, individuals and private sector organisations to deliver high-impact projects that contribute to the cultural, social, economic and environmental improvement of the region.
We work in partnership with many organisations and individuals, with the information below offering a quick snapshot of the breadth of partners & projects we are involved with.
As the delivery partner for The Department for International Trade (formerly UK Trade & Investment), we provide advice and information to South West businesses on all aspects of trading overseas.
We deliver the contract for the European Commission and Innovate UK for Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) to assist businesses with innovation, research & development, finance& funding as well as finding overseas partners.
Business West provides support for Start Ups. We are a member of Cavendish Enterprise, the national consortium made up of six of the largest enterprise agencies across England, together with the National Enterprise Network. In addition to this, Business West is also the South West delivery partner for Virgin StartUp and South West Investment Group (SWIG) Finance.
We also deliver Medilink in the South West; the region’s life science industry network. This network provides organisations with specialist advice, events, and opportunities.
Business West Joint Partnerships:-
- Destination Bristol – a joint partnership between Business West and Bristol City Council promoting tourism development and overseeing city centre management and Business Improvement Districts in the city (including Broadmead)
- Bristol Cultural Development Partnership – a joint partnership between Business West and Bristol City Council promoting cultural developments in Bristol and the West of England
- Future Bath Plus – joint partnership between Business West and Bath & North East Somerset Council overseeing tourism, culture and city centre management in Bath
- SW Regional Skills Partnership – Business West oversees the management of this partnership which is the key regional decision making body for skills in the south west, offering leadership and strategic direction for all activity.
- Nuclear South West - a joint initiative with Davies Nuclear Associates, NSW is a non-for-profit initiative business platform focussing on nuclear supply chain development; developing a shared network; and maximising opportunities to support regional growth.
Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs):-
There are 4 LEPs in the Business West area. We work to ensure business engagement and business priorities are at the centre of each LEP. The LEPs were developed by the Coalition Government as a replacement for the Regional Development Agencies and their primary aims are focused on removing business barriers to growth and promoting the growth and development of their area.
Other Business Partnerships include working with:-
- West of England Aerospace Forum
- University of Bath
- British Chambers of Commerce
- Manufacturing Advisory Service
- University of Bristol
- Confederation of British Industry
- Low Carbon South West
- University of the West of England
- Gloucestershire First
- Bristol Media
- Bath Spa University
- Forward Swindon
- University of Gloucestershire
- National Federation of Enterprise Agencies
- SW Angel & Investment Network
- Cavendish Consortium
- Equality South West
- Innovate UK
- Wiltshire Business Hub
- Recognising Excellence
Business West works with many other local and regional bodies on individual projects and services.
If you would like to work with us to support business across the South West, contact our Policy team at firstname.lastname@example.org