As UK trade levels with mature economies such as the EU and US start to look unsustainable, doing business in Latin America and Asia offers enormous opportunities for British companies to find new customers and make more money.
If your business proposition is unique, high value and delivers excellence then you have every chance of trading successfully in these markets.
What is this programme about?
Extend Your Global Reach (EYGR) is a new and innovative package of support that is assisting SMEs from the South West to enter new, high growth export markets.
The programme will support companies from the region in eligible sectors. It aims to boost and accelerate export sales to the chosen market and create an average of 2.5 jobs per company helped. The markets in which support is available are China, India, Southeast Asia and Latin America.
What is the support being offered?
Qualifying companies will be provided with up to 12 days of free of charge market entry consultancy. EYGR consultancy is delivered by an experienced, locally-based Market Specialist and an in-market delivery partner.
Consultancy is bespoke and can include market readiness preparation, strategy planning, culture training, IP & regulatory advice, market research, introductions, market visit support etc.
Who are the in-market delivery partners?
We are proud to work with the following organisations to provide in-market support for companies involved in Extend Your Global Reach:
- China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) is the partner of choice for British companies of all sizes working with China. With 60 years of experience and 15 locations in China, CBBC delivers a range of tailored research and consultative services to help British and Chinese business work together in China, the UK and third markets around the world.
- UK India Business Council (UKIBC) provides a range of company specific market entry, research, consultancy, and expansion services to help British companies understand the opportunities in India, shape strategy, and make informed decisions about exporting, investing in, and growing in India.
- The Asian Strategy & Leadership Institute (ASLI) is an independent private Think Tank headquartered in Malaysia. ASLI is ideally placed to support British companies to understand, access and compete for opportunities in ASEAN by providing access to their local business network and to trade bodies across the ASEAN region.
- Economic Growth Management (EGM) is a consultancy with a large network of connections in Latin America. EGM is well placed to assist businesses and development organisations from the UK to do business there. EGM has extensive experience of supporting South West companies to grow their sales through running the pilot for Extend Your Global Reach.
Who is eligible for this programme?
We are looking to work with high potential SMEs from the South West that fit the following criteria:
- Experienced exporter (in certain niche sectors this isn’t necessary)
- Product/service that is likely to sell well in chosen market (we can help evaluate this)
- Ability and commitment to invest time and money into market entry process
"The meetings with our adviser have truly helped us to shape our international sales strategy. I don't believe we would have achieved the level of understanding of the market place without this help." - Martin Farmer, Director, Newland-Hardwick Ltd.
How to get started
If this sounds like your business, and to get one step closer to winning new orders in high-growth markets, please call us on 01275 370 944 or email email@example.com
In order to join the Extend your Global Reach programme you will be linked with one of our International Trade Advisers who will guide you through the full application process.