Entering new markets and scaling rapidly: What you need to know in 2021
For innovators serious about scaling internationally, this webinar on the challenges and opportunities ahead is a must.
We’ll begin with a concise Q1 update on Brexit, sharing learnings on how to meet the new tax and policy regulations, and how to keep your goods moving with the right export documentation.
We'll next explore how to protect your innovations in international markets. Innovate UK EDGE specialists will share guidance on how to manage NDAs, partner, supplier, and collaboration agreements, and how to create an effective, well-budgeted international IP strategy in light of the new regulatory environment.
Finally, we'll take you through the fully funded support that’s available to innovative businesses.
By connecting you with the world’s largest SME network - Enterprise Europe Network - Innovate UK EDGE can help you access partners, customers and international acceleration programmes, while providing bespoke support on navigating your chosen market.
The webinar will also describe the support available from the Department for International Trade, covering: international market strategy, market research, eCommerce, digital marketing, payment terms and much more.
Key takeaways from this webinar:
- How to identify partners and customers, navigate the local culture and regulatory landscape, and scale rapidly in international markets
- New post-Brexit tax, policy, export documentation, and customs declaration changes that you need to understand
- The bespoke support available to SMEs including fully funded technology visits, featuring introductions to key individuals and training on the local culture and business methods
Who should participate in this webinar?
- Innovative SMEs wanting to either begin or accelerate their international activities
After the webinar, fully funded support will be available to eligible businesses, including:
- Bespoke advice on managing Intellectual Property internationally
- One-to-one support on navigating Brexit, export documentation and custom declaration challenges
- Advisor-led support on finding partners and navigating international challenges through our connections, expertise and targeted global programmes.
- Support for companies new to trading internationally including the Export Academy and Digital Trade support
- Details on an Internationalisation Fund for £500k+ turnover companies
- Financial support to your exporting activities through Export Finance
- Host, Dr Deborah Watson, Advisory Manager Innovate UK EDGE – Devon, Somerset and Cornwall
- Louise Hooker, Global Business Innovation Programme Manager
- Matt Griffith, Director of Policy, Business West and Manager of the Trading Through Brexit Hub
- Hilary Rossborough, International Trade Specialist
- Sarah Hildersley, Department for International Trade
- Kate Butler, European and chartered patent attorney, Innovate UK EDGE
Innovate 2021 webinar series
This webinar is part of Innovate UK EDGE’s 'Innovate 2021’ series on supporting growing and scaling businesses.
We’ll also be covering the bespoke support available from Innovate UK EDGE and how our innovation and growth specialists can help your business build on its internal strengths and capabilities, find new opportunities and access funding and finance. Click here to view details and register for other webinars.