Export Pricing - Expand your Exports: Masterclass Series
Part of the Expand your Exports: Masterclass Series, this masterclass will help you improve your understanding on setting and managing export prices.
SMEs often rely on ad-hoc and reactive pricing strategies which depend heavily on gut feel or recommendations from their agents or distributors and they often overlook fundamental export costs and market expectations. The objective of this masterclass, delivered by the Department for International Trade in the South West, is to help improve their thinking and capability so that they understand how they should set and manage export prices for their products and services across international markets.
The masterclass is delivered in a way that is relevant to all sectors, covering consumer and business products and services targeted at all customer types. We use examples and exercises created specifically to help put pricing into a context that is relevant to delegates’ own businesses.
Establishing a pricing policy requires companies to consider market research information available, their route to market decisions and international marketing strategies. In this masterclass, delegates will be given an overview of these three aspects
PLEASE NOTE: This is a two day masterclass taking place between 09.30 - 12.30 on the 20th and 21st October, please ensure you are available on both mornings to take part in this masterclass.
What will I learn?
On completion of this masterclass, delegates will understand and appreciate:
- recognition of all the cost factors (including the hidden costs) involved in marketing and delivering their products and services to overseas customers
- understanding the importance of knowing local market price levels and typical distribution channel margins in their target markets
- learning the importance of local customs with regard to pricing, negotiation, establishing contractual terms (including Incoterms) and managing successful ongoing business
- identifying alternative pricing strategies to achieve differing company objectives
- tips and hints on how to address pricing issues and increase their opportunity for export profitability
- an awareness and understanding of Government and other services available to them
Who is this masterclass for?
The masterclass is for South West companies and best suited to those with an annual turnover exceeding £500,000.
Please Note: We will send you details of the online platform and login details prior to the event.