Future Skills: The Future of....Construction
Relevant skills and knowledge of sustainability in construction and the built environment will always be essential, but how do we know what these will be in the coming years? With more focus on building performance, end-of-life reuse, offsite construction, Building Information Management (BIM) and efficient and site-specific systems, how can we ensure the region's learners are prepared for their future in this career?
- How can we eliminate the performance gap?
- Will industry measures change from construction standards to usage standards?
- How will mechanisation change roles?
- How will off-site and modular construction change the skills needed for future careers?
- How can we make sure that future low carbon construction isn’t just solar and retrofitted measures?
- What materials will we use and how will they be dealt with at the end of their usable lives?
Come to this free Low Carbon South West Business Breakfast in partnership with Skills West and CITB to hear positions on where the sector may be going and share your experience and thoughts on how we can ensure the construction sector remains best placed to adapt to the changes required.
7.45 Doors open for registration with breakfast
8.10 Introduction from Low Carbon South West and Skills West
8.25 Presentations including CITB
9.10 Workshop session
9.35 Summary and Closing Statements
9.45 Networking until 10.45
Book Your Free Space Now
This event is the second in a series with Low Carbon South West/Skills West looking at how the West of England can best continue to support learners, so that the region continues to futureproof its' workforce. Skills West is funded through the European Social Fund and Education & Skills Funding Agency and commissioned by the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership.
As this event is jointly organised by Low Carbon South West and Skills West, both organisations will have access to attendee registration details - for further information please contact Low Carbon South West.