Introduction to Agile Workshop
During the pandemic, Agile working has been an essential tool for working with remote/distributed teams for effective communication and collaboration.
This online workshop from Innovate UK EDGE will introduce attendees to the essential methods, skills and values of agile working in your teams and businesses.
It will provide a clear understanding of agile principles and the concepts and tools that can be immediately implemented. How to work faster, think clearer and improve your individual, team and business agility.
The learnings can be applied in a number of areas:
- Day to day workflow management
- Team coordination and collaboration
- Project management
- Product/service development
- Business model evolution
- Innovation & Improvement
It can be used across functional areas including leadership, technology, marketing, operations, HR etc.
At the end of the workshop, you will:
- Understand and be able to adopt key agile concepts and principles
- Gain practical experience of using agile tools and practices
- Learn to apply and implement agile methods and practices
- Identify when and where to take an agile approach
How to express your interest:
This event will be delivered as a workshop, and form part of your new or existing support with Innovate UK EDGE. Places are limited.
- Thur 1st April, 12.00pm, Expressions of interest close
- Tue 6th April, Successful invitations sent out via email
- Thur 15th April, 09.30 - 11.30am, Workshop
To register please complete the short expression of interest form via the registration button above. Please answer all the information requested as eligibility will be assessed on the information provided. It takes approximately 3 minutes to complete the form.
Successful applicants will be notified by email and phone no later than Tuesday 6th April 2021. Should the event be over-subscribed, we will operate a wait list and notify you as soon as a place becomes available.
Key topics covered:
1. Agile Thinking
- Concepts and Principles
- Agile Approach
- Agile Manifesto
- Adaptive versus predictive planning
- When to use agile methods
- Origin and evolution of agile methods
2. Agile Methodology
- Iterative Development Method
- Working in Sprints
- Test-Driven Development
- Minimum Viable Product
- Continuous Delivery
3. Agile Tools & Practices
- Visibility & Communication
- Estimation & Specification
- Prioritisation & Planning
- Retrospectives & Stand-Ups
- Performance & Metrics
Who should participate in the workshop?
- Innovative SMEs looking to find out more about agile working
- Suitable for non-technical participants working in projects or with products
- Suitable for any team experiencing change and uncertainty as a way to help coordinate and manage that change collaboratively as a team
Additional individual support following workshop
- Tailored advice on Agile working for Leadership & Culture, Project Management or projects
- Agile Application (facilitated 1-2-1 practical application for your business)
- Further support from Innovate UK EDGE
Trainer: Belinda Waldock
Belinda is an Innovation and Growth Specialist with Innovate UK EDGE and works with businesses to support their scaling and innovation strategies. Specialising in agile business management, her Agile approach has been successfully adopted by a broad range of high growth businesses across many business sectors. Belinda is also the author of Being Agile in Business.
Innovate 2021 webinar and events series
This workshop is part of Innovate UK EDGE’s 'Innovate 2021’ series on supporting growing and scaling businesses.
We’ll also be covering the bespoke support available from Innovate UK EDGE and how our innovation and growth specialists can help your business build on its internal strengths and capabilities, find new opportunities and access funding and finance. Click here to view details and register for other webinars.