IP valuation for collaboration: Seeing the value of your own contribution
IP may be your business’ most critical asset, but are you maximising its true commercial value? Are you taking enough care of it?
About this Event
Co-creation and collaborative development projects are great for enhancing in-house resources, but have many potential pitfalls. This webinar will help you better understand and protect the value of your IP within collaborative ventures.
We explore the typical features within collaborative agreements, demystifying commonly-used jargon like foreground, sideground and background IP. We explain the risks inherent in joint ownership of patentable inventions and premature publication of results, with tips on how to mitigate them.
Valuation is the next critical step when working collaboratively, as the risks of seeing a disproportionately low return on investment are very real. We’ll be addressing how to put a price on your IP, reflecting the costs incurred in creating it and factoring in a mutually beneficial view on income-generation potential.
More reasons to attend
- Hear snapshot insights and examples from other innovators that have generated IP-led finance, and their key learnings to pass on.
- Attendees will also have the opportunity to later discuss their IP assets and strategy with one of our IP specialists; obtain a full IP Audit from an IP attorney; and benefit from an award-winning online IP identification and valuation toolkit. For any company looking to supplement its balance sheet, better understand commercial opportunities or prepare itself for investment, this fully subsidised programme will prove invaluable.
Innovate 2021 Webinar Series
As part of Enterprise Europe Network South West’s 'Innovation 2021’ series, this webinar is one of four interactive events on leveraging IP to meet current challenges:
- Webinar 1 - IP valuation for fundraising: Turning intangible assets into finance, 22nd September
- Webinar 2 - IP valuation for licensing: Making your assets work harder, 29th September
- Webinar 4 - IP valuation for exit: Reaching the right price for your intangible assets, 13th October
Innovation 2021 is an autumn event series on tackling current challenges and building for growth in design thinking, funding & finance, leadership strategy and sales and marketing. We’ll also be covering the wider bespoke support available from EEN and how our advisers can help you create a more resilient, sustainable path to recovery and growth.
Dr Alison Orr, Business Development Manager, Inngot
Alison routinely delivers IP audits and technology evaluations for Inngot’s clients in the UK and overseas.
Alison previously worked in IP private practice, advising on all types of registered and unregistered rights. She spent 10 years within the Enterprise Europe Network, chairing the EEN IPR Working Group (authoring IPR guidelines for EEN advisers in over 50 countries of the network) and the BioChemTech Sector Group, as well as being a member of the Healthcare Sector Group of the EEN.
She has advised a wide range of organisations on collaborative development strategies. She is an Honours graduate of the University of Glasgow and gained a D. Phil. from the University of Oxford. She is also an associate lecturer at a leading Yorkshire University.