IP valuation for exit: Reaching the right price for your intangible assets
IP may be your business’ most critical asset, but are you maximising its true commercial value? Are you taking enough care of it?
About this Event
M&A activity hasn’t stopped during the pandemic. This webinar will help you better understand and leverage the value of your IP assets in a successful exit or acquisition.
We explore the typical methods of business valuation, why IP is too often given insufficient consideration, and what happens when someone buys it. We will explain what ‘transfer pricing’ means and how it can help you identify what someone else could do with your assets.
We will also be finding out why corporates don’t routinely just buy the IP from innovative SMEs, and how effective IP valuation can make or break a successful exit.
More reasons to attend
- Hear snapshot insights and examples from other innovators that have generated IP-led finance, and their key learnings to pass on.
- Attendees will also have the opportunity to later discuss their IP assets and strategy with one of our IP specialists; obtain a full IP Audit from an IP attorney; and benefit from an award-winning online IP identification and valuation toolkit. For any company looking to supplement its balance sheet, better understand commercial opportunities or prepare itself for investment, this fully subsidised programme will prove invaluable.
Innovate 2021 Webinar Series
As part of Enterprise Europe Network South West’s 'Innovation 2021’ series, this webinar is one of four interactive events on leveraging IP to meet current challenges:
- Webinar 1 - IP valuation for fundraising: Turning intangible assets into finance, 22nd September
- Webinar 2 - IP valuation for licensing: Making your assets work harder, 29th September
- Webinar 3 - IP valuation for collaboration: Seeing the value of your own contribution, 6th October
Innovation 2021 is an autumn event series on tackling current challenges and building for growth in design thinking, funding & finance, leadership strategy and sales and marketing. We’ll also be covering the wider bespoke support available from EEN and how our advisers can help you create a more resilient, sustainable path to recovery and growth.
Martin Brassell FRSA, Co-Founder and CEO, Inngot
Martin Brassell’s specialist area of expertise is in the use of intellectual property in finance, and the identification, scoring and valuation processes needed to facilitate it. He has worked extensively with banks, investors and policy makers across the UK, Europe and Asia to develop new approaches that recognise the importance of this asset class for business growth.
Martin has written and co-authored a number of influential publications on IP utilisation, including papers for the UK Intellectual Property Office. He is currently writing a new paper on using IP as collateral for OECD.