Understanding The Paperwork - Export training
Exporting – Understanding The Paperwork
Export Documentation problems will often lead to delays in getting goods to customers, increased costs and charges, and a breakdown of goodwill between seller and buyer. Changes to regulations and requirements often pass unnoticed or are misunderstood.
HM Revenue and Customs require exporters to demonstrate documentary compliance with security and customs regimes, even if they choose to outsource the shipping function to agents or forwarders or delegate logistics to the buyer under ex-works terms or similar. Non compliance risks delay in the supply chain and the possibility of financial penalty.
This export training course will address all these issues and more. It will examine all aspects of export documentation from first enquiry to arrival of the goods at destination and will seek to establish best practice, emphasising the need for a clear and coherent audit trail for each shipment to ensure customs compliance.
International trade is a very complex subject with many different terms, procedures and regulations. Training is essential to successful trading overseas.
Who should attend?
Designed for more experienced exporters, those who require a refresher course or updating in the latest procedures or those who have attended the Introduction to Export Operations export training course. It will be assumed that delegates have a basic knowledge of exporting procedures. The content will be relevant to field and office based sales staff, purchasing staff, shipping and despatch personnel, accounts and finance staff, customer services, freight forwarders.
How will you benefit?
- Gain an overview of export control requirements
- Identify the destination country requirements for documents required
- Gain an overview of export contract documentation
- Understand when, why and by whom the documents are required
- Gain the necessary information for completion of documentation by other parties
- Comply with security and customs requirements
- Establish of a clear and coherent audit trail for each shipment.
- Introduction– Background, context and current developments
- Export Controls – Background, development and documentary compliance requirements
- Destination Country Requirements– Illustrated with current examples
- Financial Documentation – Insurance certificates, bank requirements for documentary settlement
- Customs Compliance – Security initiatives, Authorised Economic Operator, commodity codes, customs procedure codes
- Internal Documentation – Audit trail, sales contracts, customs requirements, proof of export, invoices, packing lists, shipping instructions, pre-shipment inspections
- Consignment Documentation – Shipping notes, bills of lading, waybills, express bills, air waybills, road/rail consignment notes
- Customs Documentation – European/arab certificates of origin, EUR1, invoice declarations, community transit/TIR, intrastat, NES export declarations.
The trainer will use oral and visual presentations, reference to fictitious and real examples and participatory exercises to illustrate course content. The delegates will receive a copy of the presentation on which notes can be made together with the workbook for future reference.
Continuous Professional Development
This export training course is graded as entry level and would qualify for 10 Continuous Professional Development points.
If you are a Business West Chamber of Commerce member you can save 10% on this course, simply contact us for yourdiscount code
Thank you for your booking. We look forward to seeing you on 26th September 2019
We take your data very seriously and are committed to the privacy and security of it. Our Privacy Statement explains the types of personal data we may collect about you and how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
From time to time Business West provides information highlighting its services and other relevant opportunities that may be of interest to its members and the wider business community. If you don’t wish to receive these communications, please update your preferences. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe from any marketing emails you receive.