You Can Export – Agent & Distributor Management
Our You Can Export - Agent & Distributor Management workshop helps companies make informed decisions about appropriate routes to market.
The aim of this half-day workshop is to help companies make informed decisions about appropriate routes to market based on the issues that are most important to them. It also helps delegates understand and plan how to use multiple routes, for example online sales, e-commerce marketplaces and locally-based agents or distributors.
By attending this masterclass, delegates will understand and appreciate
- the different types and roles of agents, distributors and other routes to market
- the advantages and disadvantages of each and the role of the principal (the exporter)
- how to identify and select appropriate representatives
- the importance of having written contracts, and the key elements that these should include
- the EU Agents Directives and other legal requirements
- practical ways of motivating and managing agents and distributors
- effective ways to terminate agreements
- the Government and other regional services open to them
All delegates receive a set of notes and single page checklists which can be used to help them at various stages as they appoint and work with representatives overseas.
There will also be a short 30 minute presentation to 'Get Ready for Brexit' at the end of this session delivered by a representative for the Department for International Trade. This is a practical session to help exporting businesses prepare for Brexit.
Follow the 'Book today' button to find out more.