UK EUR1 Movement Certificate

What you need to know about the UK EUR1 Movement Certificate

Due to UK leaving the European Union on 31st Dec 2020 the EU EUR1 has been replaced by a United Kingdom EUR1 form.

The UK has preferential trading agreements with certain countries which enables importers to import goods at a lower rate of import duty, known as importing under "preference". You will need to check each individual trade agreement that the UK has negotiated or rolled over to find out if a UK EUR1 form is required.

For your customer to benefit from this you, as the exporter, must complete a UK EUR1 Movement Certificate document and make a declaration that your goods satisfy the rules of origin required in the regulations.

You can check if you can claim preference on your goods here

Trade with Europe 
Due to the UK-EU trade agreement you do not need to apply for a UK EUR1 form for shipments to Europe. Instructions on the procedures you must follow can be found here.  

How to apply for a UK EUR1 Movement Certificate

A UK EUR1 certificate must be certified and issued by a Chamber of Commerce, and here’s where we can help. At Business West, we are fully authorised to issue UK EUR1 certificates on behalf of H.M Revenue & Customs (HMRC). And this means no matter where you’re based in the country we have a dedicated service ready to help you avoid customs problems and export your goods successfully.

If you want a fast solution where you’ll save time, money and hassle then look no further.

Do it online

Visit the Ecert website or the  Acorn International Trade Services website to set up an account and start creating and submitting your UK EUR1s today.

Harmonised System Code

Before submitting a UK EUR1 application you will first need the Harmonised System (HS) code for your products. This is a system of product coding and classification used by customs authorities around the world and can also be referred to as a ‘Tariff Number’.

To find out the relevant HS code for your exports you can simply enter your goods description into the UK Trade Tariff.

Once you have your HS code you can easily apply for your UK EUR1 documents using our online services on Acorn International.


The issue fee is £52.00 (+VAT) for electronic versions and £54.00 (+VAT) for manual copies.

There are discounts available to members of the Business West Chambers of Commerce.


How do I complete a UK EUR1 application?

Please refer to this guidance.

How long will it take to get my UK EUR1?

Correctly completed applications received by post are issued and posted back to applicants the same day.

Can I apply for a UK EUR1 after shipment?

Yes. You can apply for a retrospective UK EUR1, please visit this link for further details.

  • Have a question?

    If you have any questions regarding your export documentation requirements or submitting an application, you can contact a member of our team and we'll be happy to guide you through the entire process.

    Call us on 01275 370712

  • BCC logo

  • Acorn INTL Logo

    Want to do your export documents online?

    You can easily create all your export documents, copy and edit previous shipments, apply for certification and get customs clearance for your shipments on Acorn International Trade Services.