Since the start of January 2021, when you export goods to or import to any country outside of the UK, you need to submit a Customs Declaration. For businesses that have previously only traded with the EU, this will be a new factor to get used to. Completing a Customs Declaration can be complicated, you may need to obtain certain software to do so and your staff will have to be trained in what to do.
Customs Declaration Training
Our Customs Declarations training will highlight what you need to know to be able to accurately complete a simple Customs Declaration.
Who should attend:
This course will be helpful for anyone who needs an understanding of Customs regimes and how to complete a Customs Declaration form.
Discounts are also available for Chamber members. Get in touch to find out more.
What will I learn?
Our training covers:
- What is a Customs Declaration?
- Why is a customs declaration needed?
- What information is required to complete a declaration?
- How to complete both an import & an export declaration.
- HS Codes.
- CPC Codes.
- Valuation, Duties & Taxes.
- Common errors
- The training will also touch on Duty Deferment A/c’s and Postponed Vat accounting.
No formal exam will be taken at the end of the course. However, delegates will get to complete simulated forms to ensure they can complete simple Customs Declarations correctly.
Our Customs Declaration training is currently available via Zoom.
- Accredited Chamber members: £280 + VAT
- Non-members: £365 + VAT
How to book
Please see available dates below and follow the link to book your place:
Dates available (all courses run from 9.30am - 4.30pm):