The Export Trade Forum is a project commissioned by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) on behalf of Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEP), supporting the capacity of small to medium sized enterprises to grow in regional, national and international markets, and engage in innovative processes. The project is funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), supported by the Department for International Trade (DIT), and delivered by Business West.
As part of the Export Trade Forum, Business West is excited to be able to offer a range of match-funded grants to eligible businesses across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly that are seeking to boost their international sales.
Exporting businesses have faced numerous challenges since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, where there has been restricted travel, limited trade shows, and few face-to-face meetings.
One proven way for businesses to mitigate these issues is to ensure that they have a strong digital presence. A prominent website and optimised digital channels are a must in order to successfully attract a global audience and to secure new international orders.
How we can help
Fast Forward Cornwall is the perfect solution for businesses looking to increase their sales overseas at a time when overseas market visits are not an option.
The Fast Forward Cornwall match-funded grant offer enables your business to work with proven digital marketing professionals to improve your global digital presence.
These easy to access grants can fund 50% of a project up to a value of £2,499.00* and have been broken down into 5 expertly crafted packages.
Fast Forward Cornwall Grant Packages:
- Website Internationalisation - A comprehensive review of your existing website, with expert advice on how to internationalise content for a global audience.
- Website Localisation - Expert advice and assistance on how to localise or translate your existing website for one overseas market.
- Global SEO Review - An SEO audit of your existing website, along with an SEO/SEM strategy for overseas markets.
- Global eMarketplace Kickstarter - Advanced support to help you set up, list and promote products on established international eMarketplaces (e.g. amazon.com, amazon.co.jp) - up to a maximum of 20 SKUs per business.
- Global Advertising Pilot - Undertake an online advertising campaign targeting sales from one new overseas market of your choice.
Fast Forward Cornwall grants allow you to work with an agency of your choice or our team can help you find the right agency to partner with.
In addition, you will also receive support from one of our in-house digital marketing specialists who will work with you to help you achieve your international trade goals.
Who can apply
To be eligible to apply for a Fast Forward Grant your business address must be located in Cornwall or the Isles of Scilly.
How to apply
To apply to receive one of the Fast Forward Cornwall match-funded grants, please complete the short expression of interest form below.
Once we have received your expression of interest a member of our International Trade Centre team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
* Some larger grants are available depending on eligibility criteria.