Life science manufacturing makes a significant contribution to the UK economy, accounting for 11.4% (£30.7bn) of all manufactured goods exported.
Due to its strong global reputation, there is a high demand from international buyers who are keen to access UK expertise, experience, and innovative solutions. The UK has a strong global reputation for its 70-year experience of running the National Health Service, with a reputation for clinical excellence and high-quality private-sector delivery.
The global market for healthcare services is growing as national governments deliver more healthcare capacity and quality to their populations. Global health care spending is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5% each year between 2019 and 2023.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) South West are on hand to offer businesses in the Healthcare Life Science sector trade support and advice. We work centrally with DIT & Healthcare UK who in turn work progressively to improve trade access and identify opportunities for British organisations across the globe.
We're running a number of events in the Health and Life Sciences sector. See below our planned events as well as recordings of past events.
- Internationalising the South West's Digital Healthcare - Watch now >
- Exporting the best of the South West: Taking Healthcare & Life Science companies international - Watch now >
- Exporting Healthcare & Life Sciences to China - Thursday 25th February at 10:00-11:15 - Watch now >
- Exporting Healthcare & Life Sciences to UAE - Monday 15th March at 10:00-11:00 - Watch now >
- Exporting Healthcare & Life Sciences to Japan - Tuesday 16th March at 09:00-10:30 - Watch now >
- Legal and IP Considerations for Healthcare & Life Science Exporters - Friday 19th March at 10:00-11:00 - Watch now >
- Exporting Healthcare & Life Sciences to Colombia - Thursday 25th March at 14:00-15:00 - Watch now >
Get in Touch
In the South West, companies of all shapes and sizes may not realise that they indeed either have an opportunity to export or, expand their exports significantly.
For one to one support, please don’t hesitate to contact our team - firstname.lastname@example.org