The Global Business Innovation Programme is a fully funded programme for highly innovative businesses operating in targeted technology sectors.
Funded by Innovate UK, the programme is designed to forge strong relations for tech transfer, collaborative R&D and future joint funding applications for businesses and research performing organisations.
What is the Global Business Innovation Programme (GBIP)?
GBIP is a three-stage programme designed to help innovative UK SMEs find international partners for collaborative R&D, Technology Transfer and Trade.
Funded by Innovate UK and delivered by Enterprise Europe Network, the programme focuses on identified technologies in specific target countries.
To date, the programme has taken over 150 businesses to countries including South Korea, USA, Canada, China, Singapore, Israel and Holland and focused on a diverse array of technology sectors, such as health care, advanced materials, agritech, IoT and Battery Technologies.
The three-stage programme includes:
- Market and Business Preparation - ensuring the delegation is fully prepared to exploit the opportunity.
- The Mission - an intensive programme including such activities as bilateral meetings, brokerage events, visits to R&D facilities, meetings with Government, SME and Corporate representatives.
- Exploitation – Post-event activities including a delegate workshop and the appointment of an EEN Account manager to help exploit the opportunities identified.
Benefits of Global Innovation Programme
The programme is designed to exploit growing and innovative industries. Successful applicants are supported through a structured programme of support and information and benefit from a 5 day country visit to meet officials and companies in the target market with the aim of creating opportunities for technology collaboration. Following the in-country visit delegate will receive bespoke 1-2-1 support to help them exploit the opportunity.
A typical in-country visit might involve:
- Orientation and briefings by local experts and officials at the British Embassy/High Commission
- Meeting with potential partners through a brokerage style event
- Exclusive access to the sector - opportunity to meet key companies,universities and research organisations to better understand the market/technology area
- Attendance and participation in conferences/events
You will also have the opportunity to meet key players in the sector, your profile in the visit brochure and a programme of meetings with key players and stakeholders.
Global Business Innovation Programme to Germany and Switzerland - APPLICATION DEADLINE 2 DECEMBER 2019
Global Business Innovation Programme to South Korea - Digital Health - APPLICATION DEADLINE 6 DECEMBER 2019
Global Business Innovation Programme to India - Future Cities - APPLICATION DEADLINE 8 DECEMBER 2019
Global Business Innovation programme to Canada - APPLICATION DEADLINE 11 DECEMBER 2019
Global Business Innovation Programme to USA - Audience of the Future - APPLICATION DEADLINE 11 DECEMBER 2019
EUREKA Global Business Innovation Programme to South Korea - APPLICATION DEADLINE 15 MARCH 2020
For expressions of interest please complete the form below.
Watch the highlights from previous programmes
Last year we visited South Korea and Israel. Watch the videos to hear about the experiences of some of those businesses who attended.
Advanced Materials - South Korea
Immersive technology - South Korea
Cyber technology - Israel
Battery technology - Israel
To participate in this visit, your business must be established in the UK.
Please be aware that submitting a full application does not mean you have been accepted onto the Accelerator Programme.
The programme is frequently aligned with bilateral funding opportunities eg Eureka, so that delegates have the opportunity to identify in-country partners for collaborative grant applications. For more information go to:
Register your interest
If you have any questions about a programme you've seen or are interested to hear more about, please complete the form below for a member of the team to contact you.