Essential skills for line managers
Gain a comprehensive overview of essential managerial ‘people’ skills. This training includes interactive group discussions, helpful scenarios and case studies.
The transition from team member to team leader can be tough. It is therefore important that line managers receive the support and training that they need. Failure to ensure that they have the proper skills and knowledge to carry out their pivotal role can have a negative effect on the motivation and productivity of those whom they manage.
This session will enable you to be an effective manager, and enables you to understand how your role fits into the organisation and the importance of communicating with, leading and motivating your team. It also explores the importance of monitoring absence, how to identify bullying in the workplace and managing discipline and grievances.
Newly promoted line managers or those who wish to build on their present expertise in any of the subject areas covered.
- How to be an effective manager
- Communication skills including listening skills and questioning techniques
- How to motivate your team and delegate successfully
- How to spot bullying and promote a culture of dignity at work
- The basic principles of managing discipline and handling grievances
- Dealing with staff absences