The law on flexible working requests is changing! Acas has created a new Code of Practice to help employers comply with the new legislation. This course will take you through what's changed and the impact for your organisation.
From 30 June 2014 the right to request flexible working extends to all employees. The new Acas Code of Practice on requesting flexible working is a framework which covers the law that employers must follow, along with good practice, when dealing with these requests.
How will your business cope with an increased number of requests to work more flexibly?
How will you deal with conflicting requests?
This training course takes you through the flexible working legislation, the Acas Code of Practice and the accompanying good practice guidance and gives practical advice and guidance on how to handle flexible working requests in a reasonable manner.
This half day course provides clear practical guidance for:
◾Businesses Directors and Owners ◾Managers and supervisors ◾HR professionals ◾Anyone involved in handling flexible working requests
This event will:
- Explain the different types of flexible working
- Cover the Law relating to flexible working
- Provide an overview of the new Acas Code of Practice
- Explain the connection with discrimination legislation
- Provide guidance on how to handle requests to work flexibly in a fair way
- Explain how to develop a ‘right to request’ policy