We are recruiting for a Business Advisor reporting to our Head of Enterprise. This is a permanent full time role and is open to internal and external candidates.
Business West is the largest business membership organisation in the region. 21,000 businesses trust us to help them start and grow and lobby government on their behalf. We are one of the Times 100 best not-for-profit organisations to work for.
- To support in the design and planning of contract opportunities.
- To support the set up and the delivery of projects ensuring there is a collaborative, innovative and qualitative approach to meeting and exceeding contracted outputs and targets
- To maintain and support the Company’s position and credibility in the marketplace and ensure that project benefits are communicated and understood by Chamber and Initiative members.
- Carry out regular telephone-based client reviews and take appropriate action based on feedback – account management.
- Managing the customer to achieve aims, objectives and outputs against the various departmental projects.
- Provide the customers with the relevant forms to complete periodic impact assessments along with ensuring relevant contractual paperwork is completed to record outputs and draw-down project payments.
- Assist the project team in the diagnostics and administration required for audit purposes with regards to all client interactions.
- Have a good understanding of business financing and planning – especially with regards to obtaining investment.
- Work with clients to produce robust business and financial plans required to support their applications for finance (start-up loans and other investment opportunities).
- Delivery of the Business Planning and Finance workshops.
- Ensure that all client data is logged onto the relevant CRM systems.
- To support programmes, projects and service contracts and associated day-to-day operations within the department.
- Collaborate with other departments and projects to ensure benefits of cross-functional working are achieved.
- To manage the relationship with external contractors in line with Company and relevant project procurement policies.
- To ensure, that the benefits of the project are communicated and understood by all other departments within Business West.
- Liaise with other Business West departments to ensure all programme materials are accurate and updated.
- Deliver to a set of operational targets, in line with the Company’s performance review system.
- To set and maintain standards of service delivery and professionalism, in accordance with Company and contractual requirements, policies and customer expectations.
- To be part of an innovative culture within the Company.
- To represent the Company at meetings and events.
Other tasks / duties
- To operate within Company policies and best practices including Equal Opportunities policies, Health & Safety guidelines, Quality and accounting procedures
- To uphold the Company’s values
- To participate in personal job related development and training as required by the line manager
- Occasional unsociable hours
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the post-holder is required to perform, from time to time, any other reasonable duties that may be assigned by their Line Manager.
Budgetary responsibilities: N/A
Line management repsonsibilities: N/A
The close date for this role is Thursday 18th January 2018 at 12 noon. Interviews will be held on the 25th & 26th January 2018.
The full Job Description, Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form can be downloaded to complete. Completed forms to be sent via email to email@example.com by 12 noon on Thursday 18th January 2018.
Please note that the HR Department will not be available from 21st December 2017 to 2nd January 2018 for any queries you may have.