Here is an exciting opportunity to join the Board of Trustees of Young Bristol – a charity with an outstanding record of supporting young people in the Bristol area for over 90 years. As a member of its committed and enthusiastic Board, you will help shape the future of the charity – and support Young Bristol’s work to transform lives. Serving on the Young Bristol Board will offer a deep sense of satisfaction while expanding your knowledge of charity governance and youth services.
The Board of Trustees of Young Bristol is recruiting a new member to complement the skills of existing Board members at an exciting – as well as challenging – time for the charity. We are looking for someone who has an affinity for our mission as well as the desire and ability to help Young Bristol achieve its ambitious goals. At this time, we are specifically looking for an individual with a finance background who will take on the role of Treasurer.
In addition to financial experience, successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of sound judgement and effective decision making
- Empathy with and a desire to support young people
- A commitment to promoting equality and diversity
- The ability and willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- The disposition to speak their mind and offer constructive challenge when appropriate
- Willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
- The ability to work effectively and collegially as a member of the Board
- An understanding of the respective roles of the Board and the senior management team
How to apply:
Download the Treasurer of Board of Trustees – Specification.
Individuals interested in applying to join the Board of Trustees of Young Bristol should submit your CV and covering letter to Lee Williams, Chief Executive at Young Bristol – firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the role, potential candidates may contact Jamie Cameron, Chair at Young Bristol – Jamie.email@example.com.The deadline for applications is Monday, 9 September 2020. Candidates who have been shortlisted will be invited for interview in early October