Our latest Local Sector Skills Statements report on local sector knowledge and expertise, plus wider regional and national intelligence. Gain insight about skills challenges in Construction, notable achievements and skills priorities and objectives for 2018/2019.
"Employing just over 51,000 people across the West of England, the construction industry is crucial to the growth and development of the region, creating facilities needed for a modern economy the infrastructure needed for commercial and industrial growth, and the infrastructure needed to address significant social issues, such as a shortage in housing."
The statement covers:
- An overview of the construction sector in the West of England
- Key facts and statistics about skills in this sector
- Significant sector achievements in the region
- Core skills priorities and objectives for the industry
- Results from our Business Skills and Training Survey 2018
Skills West is working together with businesses and training providers to develop the current and future skills of the sector. Download a copy of the skills report and be part of building a sustainable workforce in the West of England.