There has never been a better time to start a business. 2014/15 marked a record high for doing just that; over 580,000 people set up a company and became their own boss.
Students are turning their talent into a way of making a living whilst experienced professionals are opting for the freedom and ﬂexibility that comes with self-employment. Mums are spotting gaps in the market and the over 50’s are surging ahead when it comes to launching new ventures.
No matter your age or standing, there is potential to turn a passion or skill from your professional or social life into a bright business idea. And by doing so, embracing free and low-cost technology that enables you to sell to local markets and reach customers on a global scale. This is your opportunity to join the 4.5 million self-employed people and the 5.2 million small businesses in the UK.
This guide will give you everything you need to know to start your own business, including:
- Why now is the perfect time for you to start a business
- Important things to consider when starting out
- What to include in your business plan
- How to register your business
- Where you should base your business
- How to access finance
- Where to find further start-up support