Our latest Local Sector Skills Statements report on local sector knowledge and expertise, plus wider regional and national intelligence. Gain insight about skills challenges in Health and Life Sciences, notable achievements and skills priorities and objectives for 2018/2019.
"The health and life sciences sector is the largest single employer, both nationally and in the West of England. Employment in the sector accounts for 15% of all employment in the UK and this is mirrored in the West of England, with nearly 80,000 people employed in various career roles."
The statement covers:
- An overview of the construction sector in the West of England
- Key facts and statistics about skills in this sector
- Significant sector achievements in the region
- Core skills priorities and objectives for the industry
- Results from our Business Skills and Training Survey 2018
Skills West is working together with businesses and training providers to develop the current and future skills of the sector. Download a copy of the skills report and be part of building a sustainable workforce in the West of England.