Please read and adhere to our guidelines on submitting a blog to ensure your post is successfully approved and published by the editorial team:-
The purpose of the Members' blog on businesswest.co.uk is to enable the sharing of valuable expertise and knowledge with our large business community across the region - through original, high quality content that aims to educate, inspire and inform businesses.
Successful submissions should be detailed and valuable posts that help our visitors learn something new about business, whilst also helping contributors to raise their profile in their field of industry.
Submissions will be approved by the Business West team before going live. We will also promote any high quality blogs to additionally appear under the main Business West blog at our Editors' discretion.
- Be well-written, from approx. 600 to 2000+ words
- Be 100% original, exclusive to our site and not already published on other websites
- Not be copied to other sites (but can be linked to and shared easily from our site)
- Be detailed content that provide actionable advice
- Include attribution for all data or statistics cited with a hyperlink
- Reference links in a post are non-promotional, and relevant to the post
- Include 1 or 2 sentence author bio with a headshot (update your 'member profile'!)
- Consider your topic and in particular your title - ensure your article is SEO attractive
What we won't approve:
- An existing blog that has already been published on other sites
- Blogs considered as a link-building scheme
- Thin content providing little value
- Blogs that heavily promote your business (Our blog is not a sales channel, and overtly sales focused and advertorial style content will not be accepted.)
- Plagiarised content
- Misleading or inaccurate content
- Defamatory or excessively negative content
Business West Editors reserve the right to reject contributions at their discretion, and reserve the right to edit, adapt, update, and republish contributions as required. Editors may add calls to action to Business West content to published submissions. Published posts may also be removed from the blog at our discretion.
How to submit your blog content
Login to your member online account at businesswest.co.uk to access your dashboard and content management tools. You can download the Members Website Guide that is available on your account dashboard, providing details of how to use your online account & full set of publishing tools.
By contributing content to websites and microsites owned by Business West you are granting us a license to this content. Business West retains the right to decline or take a post down; and may need to edit a post where appropriate.
About the editing process
All submissions will be reviewed but may not be published subject to above guidelines. Our blog is not a sales channel, therefore sales focused and advertorial style content will not be accepted.
We retain the right to decline or take a post down, edit a post where appropriate and include links to our own services or content when relevant.
Content sharing guidelines
If you’re here because you want to share content that you’ve found on the Business West website, that’s fantastic! We really appreciate it.
Here are a few guidelines which cover how we’d like you to share our content:
- Feel free to share links to any of our content. If you’re sharing on social media you’ll catch our eye if you mention on @bw_businesswest on Twitter. For a full list of social accounts we operate click here.
- Feel free to republish any images or videos created by Business West. But please respect our attribution policy.
- Feel free to reference or quote up to 50 words of any of our content. But please respect our attribution policy.
Content attribution policy
- Attribute Business West as the source.
- Link to the original Business West source you're referencing.
- For references to a Business West blog article, link to the URL of the specific blog article you're referencing.
- For references to Business West’s downloadable content offers behind a form, please link to the landing page URL.
And lastly, thank you for submitting your blog posts and being a part of of sharing your knowledge and expertise with fellow business folk!