What is the Somerset Business Growth Programme?
The Somerset Business Growth Programme allows businesses to receive specialist 1-2-1 support across a range of key business topics. Tailored to your specific needs, the programme will teach you invaluable business skills to help you keep pace with the latest technologies while developing strategies that will ensure the sustained growth of your business.
It is free to join, fully funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund.
What business topics can we cover?
Our expert business advisors can give advice and support on a range of business subjects, including but not limited to:
- Business Development: Growth Planning, Access to Funding, Bid Writing, Business Strategy and Campaign Planning
- Business Transformation: Process Improvement, Improving Business Performance and Competitiveness, Adopting Lean Processes
- Business Innovation: Adopting and Understanding New Technologies, Digital Transformation, How to Adopt Artificial Intelligence (AI), Building Business Cases for Research and Innovation programmes/Investment Including Innovation Plans
- Business Decarbonisation: Helping businesses to understand Net Zero and The Circular Economy. Advice on how to carry out a carbon audit, understanding green technologies available to support businesses including grants available, help to create a decarbonisation plan
- Business Human Resources: GDPR, Onboarding/Recruitment, Training and Development, Appraisals, Career Pathways, Diversity & Inclusion, Reward and Recognition, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Internal Communications
How is the support delivered?
The support will mainly be delivered via 1-2-1 sessions with a relevant business advisor. However, there are also workshops available to attend, led by experts - see dates below:
- Bid Writing to Grow Your Business - 7th July 2022
- Aiming to Net Zero - 21st July 2022
- Aiming to Net Zero - 5th October 2022
Who can access the Somerset Business Growth Programme?
This support is open to registered businesses in Somerset.
The business must have ambitious growth plans, be over 12 months old, employ more than 2 people and have growth plans that will look to increase employment.
Please note this does not include businesses in Bath and North East Somerset or North Somerset.
How much does it cost?
The 1-2-1 sessions and workshops are free to attend for businesses. The project is fully funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund.
How do I find out more and express an interest?
If you interested in finding out more, fill out the contact form below to get in touch with our team.
This project is funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund.
The UK Community Renewal Fund is a UK Government programme for 2021/22. This aims to support people and communities most in need across the UK to pilot programmes and new approaches to prepare for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. It invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment. For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-community-renewal-fund-prospectus