Workforce for the Future provides tailored, in-depth support to help your businesses plan and adapt for the future by identifying your current and future skills needs.
We’ll help you to create an actionable workforce development plan to make sure your business is fit for the future. By creating a workforce development plan, you’ll identify the skills you'll need to unlock opportunities and overcome potential barriers to growth and put in place strategies to ensure your workforce provides the talent needed for your business to thrive. This could mean upskilling or reskilling existing employees, developing training plans or recruiting new resource.
Our experienced skills advisers will provide your business with immediate help with skills and workforce challenges during and post COVID-19. You’ll receive support over three years to ensure your business has long term support.
What are the benefits?
- Understand your business’ current, new and emerging skills needs.
- Develop a more motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
- Boost productivity - investment in up-skilling your workforce will increase productivity and demonstrate your commitment to investing in people.
- Capture new talent – work placements, apprenticeships and paid internships offer a route to reach diverse talent which could be missed through more traditional recruitment routes.
- Ensure that your vacancies are filled with local talent that possess the skills your business needs.
How we can help
With the support of our experienced Skills Advisers, you will:
- Develop and implement a workforce development plan and strategy.
- Better understand your business' current, new and emerging skills needs.
- Identify relevant skills support, programmes or training options.
- Access a suite of online tools, resources and workshops to help support your skills strategy.
How much will it cost?
Workforce for the Future is a free service for SMEs based in the West of England.
Business West is delivering Workforce for the Future in collaboration with other partners and the West of England Combined Authority.
Get in touch
Be ahead of the competition and get set for success with a workforce development plan. Gain access to our experienced skills advisers to put a plan in place to make your business goals a reality.