Welcome to Business West - Leading, Connecting, Growing Business
We are one of the most influential independent business leadership organisations in the UK, representing and working with over 18,000 businesses across the South West.
As the local access point for a whole host of business and export solutions, no other organisation is better placed to help support and grow your business in the UK and overseas. We can help by:
- connecting businesses through our Chambers of Commerce
- challenging Government about national and local business policy
- providing business learning opportunities
- supporting businesses to start-up and grow
- connecting your business overseas
Operating from our offices in Bristol and Swindon we currently employ over 190 staff and have a turnover of £20m. Profits are reinvested back into the business in order to achieve our mission.
Local Business Survey - EU findings - June 2015
Business West's Quarter 2 2015 Local Business Survey* has recently closed, the full results will be published 7th July. The EU results were released on 24th June to coincide with the European Council summit.
This survey provides a regular assessment on the economic situation and the key topical issues affecting the local business community; it is highly regarded locally and nationally as a valuable source of intelligence for businesses, politicians and policy makers.
On a national level, results from the survey feed into the British Chambers quarterly economic survey, recognised as the largest and most representative independent business survey. The survey is published in advance of official figures and other private surveys and is one of three surveys regularly reviewed by the Bank of England when setting monetary policy.
* The local business survey is run through our Chamber of Commerce policy function and is independent of any public contracts both European and domestic. The results are the views of the 910 local businesses who participated in this survey. Business West's position is informed by the views of local businesses and has presented these findings impartially.