A West of England Mayoral Combined Authority initiative, Social Economy West will support and grow the social economy in the region, helping organisations to overcome increasing demand amid the cost-of-living crisis.
It will provide charities, third sector organisations, social enterprises, and co-operatives with the resources, expertise and guidance they need to:
- Explore opportunities for growth
- Effectively manage increasing demand on services
- Build economic resilience and enhance environmental sustainability
- Manage risk more effectively
- Diversify income streams
What support can organisations benefit from?
We're working with experienced third sector organisations, Voscur, 3SG, CVS South Gloucestershire, School for Social Entrepreneurs and Bristol & Bath Regional Capital, to deliver five key support activities to businesses, including:
- 1-2-1 coaching and support
- Demand-led themed workshops
- Expert mentoring from social entrepreneurs
- Opportunity to join peer networks
- A comprehensive Accelerator programme
Who is eligible for support?
To be eligible for support, organisations must be located in the West of England Combined Authority Region and have a core social mission.
This could include organisations such as:
- Social and community enterprises
- Voluntary and community sector organisations
- Housing associations
- Co-operatives and mutuals
- Informal self-help initiatives
- Social finance and support providers
- Alternative business models
How do I find out more?
If you'd like to find out more about the support on offer, please email the team.
How do I apply for support?
To apply for support, please fill in the application form below and one of our team will get back to you shortly.
A West of England Combined Authority initiative, delivered in partnership with Business West and expert partners to support the social economy across the region.
This project is funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK, investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills. For more information, visit this webpage.