At Business West we take data protection and your right to privacy very seriously. This policy outlines our approach, including:
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information
Who we are
Business West delivers a range of commercial services; the Chambers of Commerce in Bristol, Bath and Gloucestershire and Wiltshire; and a number of publicly funded services (including the Department for International Trade (DIT) in the south west). Some of these areas have specific data usage arrangements which are outlined in this policy.
When we collect your data
We collect personal information on visitors to the Business West website at different points. These include:
- Registration with the website
- Making an enquiry
- Joining Chamber membership
- Editing information through the dashboard
We also collect information from you when you enquire or receive any of our services over the phone, at events or face to face with our staff or participate in our surveys or sign up to our newsletters.
All information collected is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This information may include your:
- Telephone Number
- Company Details
- Credit card or other payment information
- User generated content, posts, comments
- Any other personal information you provide to us
How we use your information
We use the information we collect from our website and services to develop and improve them overtime. We also use this information to provide you with information and advice which is tailored to the interests of you and your business. More specifically your information is used to:
- respond appropriately to enquiries, comments or specific requests
- deliver services
- provide the best experience for www.businesswest.co.uk visitors
- administer Chamber of Commerce membership
- contract and service administration and performance monitoring
- provide information on Business West’s services which are similar to those you have enquired about or received
You can opt out of Business West marketing messages at any time via any of the following ways:
- Click on the unsubscribe link when we email you
- When we contact you as part of a telemarketing campaign
- By contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
However, we may still need to contact you regarding services which you may currently be using.
We may occasionally transfer your information to third parties who act on our behalf to deliver a service or information in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. Before disclosing to a third party, we require the third party by contract to take adequate precautions to protect that data.
We may share or transfer the information in our databases to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or our website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, re-organisation, dissolution or similar event.
When you visit https://www.businesswest.co.uk we may automatically collect the following information:
- your internet protocol (IP) address
- your login information,
- browser type and version,
- time zone setting,
- browser plug-in types and versions,
- operating system and platform.
- Websites you visited before and after visiting our website
- Pages visited during your visit
- The hyperlinks you click
- GPS location data
We aggregate this information to understand how our visitors use our website so that we can improve our service.
Chamber of Commerce Membership
Membership of the Bristol, Bath, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Chamber of Commerce provides access to various benefits including:
- Publication of company and contact details in the on-line directory on this website – providing an excellent opportunity to raise the profile of your business.
- Regular e-newsletters providing essential business information and news
- The publication of company name on membership lists distributed to other members, providing another promotional route for members.
If you do not wish for your data to be used for any of these purposes, contact us at email@example.com.
Other Memberships and Contracts
Business West delivers a number of publicly funded programmes on behalf of local, national and EU government bodies (Funders).
Business West and those Funders operate in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The personal information provided through these programmes will be used by Business West to provide business advice and services. For contractual purposes, it may also be shared with the relevant Funder for the purposes of research and monitoring our performance. All information will be held in the strictest confidence.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and compile reports on website activity. You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however, it may mean that some of the functionality will be restricted.
Links to other sites
If you have any questions relating to this policy, please contact our Data & Insight Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make sure that any data we hold on you is up to date. So if you think your personal information is inaccurate, you can ask us to correct or remove it.
You have the right to request and be provided with the information we hold about you. To request this information or ask us to remove the data we hold, contact the Data & Insight Manager, Business West, Leigh Court, Abbots Leigh, Bristol, BS8 3RA or email email@example.com. Please note that there will be an administration charge of £10.
Updates to this Policy
Please note we may change information on this site and/or this policy, at any time without notice. You should regularly review this policy for any changes. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised policy on this site. By continuing to using our services and/or this site, you agree to any changes, and by providing continued access to the site we are providing you consideration for agreement to such changes.