Our latest Local Sector Skills Statements report on local sector knowledge and expertise, plus wider regional and national intelligence. Gain insight about skills challenges in High Tech, notable achievements and skills priorities and objectives for 2018/2019.
"The West of England continues to maintain its reputation as one of the top technology hubs in the UK. Tech Nation, the UK government backed organisation, revealed in a 2018 report that the average turnover per worker in Bristol and Bath technology companies (£320,000) is greater than both Reading (£234,000) and London (£201,000), making it the most productive technology region in the UK."
The statement covers:
- An overview of the high tech sector in the West of England
- Key facts and statistics about skills in this sector
- Significant sector achievements in the region
- Core skills priorities and objectives for the industry
- Results from our 2018 Business Skills and Training Survey
Skills West is working together with businesses and training providers to develop the current and future skills of the sector. Download a copy of the skills report and be part of building a sustainable workforce in the West of England.