Since 1 January 2021, when you export or import goods to or from any country outside the UK, you have to submit a customs declaration. For businesses that have previously only traded with the EU, this will be a new factor to get used to. Completing a customs declaration can be complicated, but our expert team can help.
What are Customs Declarations and why is it important to get them right?
Customs declarations are legally-required forms that are used to accompany goods that are entering or leaving a market. They’re used internationally to communicate the origin of the product and its relevant tariff, to allow customs and regulatory authorities to calculate what duty is payable, and understand applicable restrictions.
They are crucial because they enable authorities to know where goods are coming from or going to, in order to control the flow of goods, ensure the safety and security of the country and collect the correct duty.
It's important to get them right, as mistakes can cause delays and extra costs to your business.
What is ChamberCustoms?
ChamberCustoms delivers a Customs Declaration brokerage service for UK importers and exporters, of all sizes, in every region of the United Kingdom. We can complete your customs declarations for you so you don't need to worry about making costly mistakes.
The service ensures that customs clearance is accurate, timely and keeps your business moving.
ChamberCustoms Q&A with Business West Customs Agent Joe Goldsworthy
Why choose ChamberCustoms?
With our extensive knowledge, reputation and first-class service in facilitating international trade, we can take the hassle out of exporting and importing your goods.
Uniquely, ChamberCustoms has been created to clear goods for import and export at every port in the UK. We can access faster duty and VAT payments through our deferment account to make duty and VAT payments to HMRC on your behalf, or help you through a flexible accounting system to pay HMRC directly. A potentially complicated process is made smooth, quick and entirely transparent.
Business West ChamberCustoms: your customs clearance agent.
- File customs declaration forms (import and export)
- Understand the correct customs duty
- Hassle-free customs clearance for your imports and exports
- Issue Transit Documentation (T1) along with your Export Declaration
- Speed up the whole customs clearance process
- Guide you through exporting goods out of the UK
- Guide you through importing goods into the UK
- Keep your business compliant with HMRC
- Keep you right with import duty and taxes. You can have confidence on tariff and data entry to remove fiscal risk; backed by the technical expertise of the market leader in this sector
- Provide excellent customer services for your customs clearance solutions
- Supply expert advice and professional support. We have a wealth of international trade experience from across the trusted Chamber of Commerce network UK.
- Provide expert training in customs - import and export
- Provide bespoke advisory services for your trading business
All we need, to set you up for success while exporting and importing goods, is a few business details, including your EORI number and business address. We will guide you through the process seamlessly and provide an expert, fast and compliant customs clearnance service.
How much do Customs Declarations cost?
Our pricing structure is completely transparent meaning all traders pay the same. We charge a small fee to process your declaration directly through HMRC plus a fixed 10% handling charge for the port fees we will pay on your behalf.
If you’re interested in finding out more about how this service can work for your business please either email email@example.com, phone 01275 373373 and ask for the Chamber Customs team or complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch.