What is a Letter of Credit?
A Letter of Credit is an official document that is typically issued by the importers bank but it is only secure if you, as the exporter, meet all of its strict conditions and deadlines.
Worryingly, over 75% of UK exporters who do their own Letters of Credit experience problems getting paid due to incorrect paperwork.
How we can help
To take the hassle out of Letters of Credit, and to ensure that you get paid in full and on time for your exports, use our Letter of Credit Service where you’ll benefit from a team that has a 98% first-time approval rate and an excellent reputation with all the major global banks.
We deliver a fully managed, comprehensive service through a team of experts who work hard to secure payment for your goods.
Our Letter of Credit Service includes:
- Advice on Letter of Credit terms.
- Preparation of all shipment documents.
- Compliance checks for third-party documents.
- Liaison with freight forwarders, shipping companies, inspection agents etc.
- Advice on Incoterms® 2020.
- Arrangement of cargo insurance.
- Presentation of all documents to the bank within agreed deadlines.
Work with us and take the risk out of international trade.
Costs vary depending on the value (£) of the export on your Letter of Credit. To find out more about our prices please contact the team using the details below.
How to get started
To take advantage of our 98% approval rate for Letters of Credit simply complete the enquiry form and one of our advisers will be in touch to discuss your specific requirements.
Call us on 01275 370 708
- I just wanted to say a big thank you for the effort you’ve made this week to get our Letter of Credit documents to the bank on time. I know you’ve stayed late to complete things for us and we appreciate this and the service we’ve received from the Business West team is exceptional. It’s a pleasure working with such a professional team that are always so extremely helpful, knowledgeable and pleasant.
Get export documentation support on Twitter
Our export documentation team are now on Twitter to answer any of your queries. You can also give them a follow to keep up on all relevant documentation news.