As part of Workforce for the Future, our experienced team of skills advisors have provided tailored in-depth support to businesses across the West of England, helping them to plan, adapt and futureproof their workforce.
What is a Workforce Development Plan?
The process of workforce planning will help your business ensure that you have the right people, with the right skills, attitudes and experience available within budget for your business.
Workforce planning will help you to assess your current workforce and map this against the workforce you need now, and in the future, to achieve your business goals. It will help you to identify and address any gaps, shortages, surpluses, or skills mismatches. This could mean upskilling or reskilling existing employees, developing training plans or recruiting new resource.
What are the benefits of Workforce Development Planning?
- Ability to understand your business’ current, new and emerging skills needs
- Chance to develop a more motivated, skilled and qualified workforce
- Boost productivity - investment in upskilling your workforce will increase productivity and demonstrate your commitment to investing in people
- Capture new talent – work placements, apprenticeships and paid internships offer a route to reach diverse talent which could be missed through more traditional recruitment routes
- Ensure that your vacancies are filled with local talent that possess the skills your business needs
How can we help?
Please visit our resources section for a range of toolkits, guides and webinars to support with your workforce planning.
Our experienced skills advisors also hold frequent skills advice clinics to support with any skills or workforce planning challenges that you might be experiencing. Each session will last for approximately 1 hour at a cost of £100 per hour (incl. VAT).
Please get in touch via email for further information.
Business West delivered Workforce for the Future in collaboration with other partners and the West of England Combined Authority.