Our latest Local Sector Skills Statements report on local sector knowledge and expertise, plus wider regional and national intelligence. Gain insight about skills challenges in Advanced Engineering and Aerospace notable achievements and skills priorities and objectives for 2018/2019.
"Advanced Engineering & Aerospace is a dominant industry in the UK. Engineering employs 19% of the UK total workforce and provides large scale quality employment. Its impact on employment extends beyond the sector and for every additional person employed through engineering, a further 1.74 jobs are created through the supply chain. In the West of England, the sector employs 29,500 people and is home to the UK’s largest aerospace cluster, with key businesses such as Airbus, Rolls Royce, GKN, Renishaw, Rotork and BAE Systems."
The statement covers:
- An overview of the advanced engineering and aerospace sector in the West of England
- Key facts and statistics about skills in this sector
- Significant sector achievements in the region
- Core skills priorities and objectives for the industry
- Results from our Business Skills and Training Survey 2018
Skills West is working together with businesses and training providers to develop the current and future skills of the sector. Download a copy of the skills report and be part of building a sustainable workforce in the West of England.